Home office; cloudy 61 F, 0606
A brief history of this house:
- The house was built in 1965 in an area that used to be a dairy farm. It was owned and lived in full time by the guy that built it.
- The house was sold to a fellow from Brooklyn in 1976 and used as a weekend home.
- We purchased the house in 2004 and began renovating it. The interior renovation was completed before we moved in in June.
- The back yard drainage and gutters were added in 2005
- The patio, wall and grape trellis was added in 2006
- The new well was drilled and put into use in 2006
- Basement drainage project in 2007
- The back deck was added in 2007
- The solar hot water collectors were added in 2007
- The solar photovoltaic panels were added in 2010
- The barn was built in 2012-2013
- The siding was replaced in 2015
- The old bathroom was replaced in 2015
- The screened in front porch was added in 2018
- The generator and generator sub panel was added in 2020
Most of those projects were done by me although I had assistance with some of the more major ones. At the same time that was happening, I was working full time, I had two kids, started my own company, got divorced, had to refinance the house, etc. Thus the “we” is now an I or me. It has been an interesting journey.